Each year the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) holds a Doctoral Symposium in conjunction with its annual global conference. The Symposium is specifically designed for doctoral candidates specializing in supply chain management and related fields of study who intend to pursue a career in academia. From the reviews of both participants and faculty, those students currently in their latter stages of doctoral studies will find this event most beneficial.
The Symposium will again be a highly rigorous, interactive and informative event, and offers innovative sessions that meet CSCMP's expanded scope and mission.
The Symposium will:
- offer an opportunity for students to develop a richer understanding of supply chain management related disciplines that includes logistics, operations management, supply management, and marketing.
- provide a forum in which doctoral students have an opportunity to dialogue with academic and practitioner leaders
- provide an opportunity for building a network of academic and nonacademic contacts
- expose students to research policy, techniques, and approaches
- build a level of professionalism and awareness of issues, challenges, and opportunities in the global business community
Note: All registered conference faculty members are welcome to attend the symposium, but the students particpating must be nominated in advance. To nomiante a student for the 2014 Donald J. Bowersox Doctoral Symposium, complete the online submission form and submit by May 2, 2014. If space is available, we will accept nominations after May 2.
Review a list of the 2014 student participants.