Invitation to Apply for the Position of Editor Team
Journal of Business Logistics
As part of its normal editor rotation process the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) is seeking a new editor team for the Journal of Business Logistics (JBL). In order for JBL to continue strengthening its position as a top-tier academic journal, CSCMP believes that given the current workload (i.e., time and travel) and expectations, as well as the necessary administrative resources, there is benefit for a multi-editor team (of up to three individuals) required to publish a high-quality, reputable journal. However, this belief does not preclude a sole editor for the journal. The editorial thrust of the JBL is focused on articles with a blend of theoretical and practical content. The editorial objectives are to publish articles that provide:
- new information about logistics and supply chain management;
- discussion and elaboration of existing and emerging theory by and for academicians in logistics, supply chain management, and related disciplines;
- discussion and elaboration of existing and emerging techniques of interest to those who work in logistics and supply chain management, and related professions;
- creative views and syntheses of dispersed concepts related to logistics and supply chain management;
- coverage of direct and tangential subject areas which have significant current impact on thought and practice in logistics and supply chain management; and
- a forum for discussion of key contemporary issues in the areas of business that are related to logistics and the supply chain.
Who Can Apply
We invite current, active, academic members in good standing of CSCMP to submit a proposal to be the Editor Team of the Journal of Business Logistics. All Editorial Team members must be CSCMP members in good standing for a minimum of 24 months prior to the announcement of an “Invitation to Apply.” (Note: Because this is a new requirement, some allowance will be made in the 2019 selection process because the initial announcement to the academic community was communicated only 19 months in advance.)
A prospective Editor Team will need to consider the information provided in the five RFP documents below:
How To Apply
Please submit all proposals by August 15, 2019 to CSCMP Education Coordinator, Alison Krentz, at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Call +1 630.645.3472 or email email@example.com