Get Involved – Volunteer!
||“CSCMP has provided me a robust professional network which I would never have without this great organization. I know that I can reach out to any executive or VP I have met through CSCMP and discuss benchmarking, career advice or strategy recommendations. Furthermore, my leadership experience with the Young Professional group and EDGE Conference board has enabled me to practice and evolve my management skills in a safe space, as well as grow and support an organization I am passionate about.”
Supply Chain Manager – Project Management
CSCMP is known for its roundtable events, education and networking, but what many may not be aware of are benefits generated through volunteering. CSCMP members can develop executive leadership skills through hands-on experience as volunteers. Serving as a roundtable leader gives you the highest level of access and visibility in front of our membership, and CSCMP volunteers stand out as credible business professionals, experts in the industry and knowledgeable leaders.
Plus, CSCMP leaders are charged with welcoming new members, creating opportunities to expand your business contacts in your local market.
Volunteering exposes you to a whole new network. Meet accomplished supply chain professionals. Expand your network. Create business opportunities. When you volunteer with CSCMP, you can get involved in what interests YOU!
Develop natural talents or tackle new challenges—it’s up to you!
- President – The top role in a roundtable is responsible for providing clear direction, guidance, and oversight to all operating committees.
- VP of Programs – This role is responsible for pre-planning programs for the year and management of the speakers, panelists and topics.
- VP of Membership – This role is responsible for member engagement campaigns, welcoming new members and recruitment of new members.
- Treasurer – This role is responsible for the overall fiscal management of the roundtable and budget.
- Secretary – This role is responsible for the communication and technology functions of the roundtable, including event management and marketing.
Other roles include: Young Professional Chair, Marketing Chair, Hospitality Chair, Technology Chair, and more.
What are you waiting for? No matter your current skill set, or what new skills you’d like to develop, we have a role for you.
Get involved today! Here’s how:
Find your local roundtable
- Note the name of your local roundtable president
- Search for him or her in the Member-Only Directory and send over a quick email or phone call indicating your preferred volunteer role(s).
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 630.645.3465 and ask about connecting with your roundtable leadership.