CSCMP Atlanta Roundtable: Tour the 4th largest Container Port in the US!
SAVANNAH PORT TOUR
Come see how Georgia Port Authority moves 20,000 TEU’s per day!
How did we become the 4th busiest Container Port and largest single terminal container facility in North America?
• November 30, 2018
• 11:00 AM Registration and Networking,
• 11:30 AM -12:00 PM Presentation/Lunch
• 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM Terminal Tour, Crane Simulation and possible Vessel Tour
• Initial meeting at GA Ports Authority: 2 Main Street, Garden City, GA 31408 800.342.8012
Georgia Ports Authority (GPA):
• Since 1945, Georgia’s ports have served as magnets for international trade and investment, enriching the state’s economy to benefit all Georgians.
• Georgia’s deepwater ports in Savannah and Brunswick, together with inland barge operations in Bainbridge and Columbus, are Georgia’s gateways to the world. They are the critical conduits through which raw materials and finished products flow to and from destinations around the globe.
• In Georgia, we’ve taken advantage of our strategic location to become a global hub for trade, with the fourth busiest port in the nation, the most utilized airport in the world and two Class One rail lines. Named the best state in which to do business for four years in a row, Georgia is centrally located in the fastest growing region of the United States. Savannah’s position as the westernmost port on the Atlantic Coast provides shorter transit times and greater efficiency for American exports destined for markets overseas. This tour will give you a front row seat to see how the port moves 20,000 TEU’s per day! It will begin with networking and lunch while hearing a brief overview of the port and how they are growing. We will then move by bus around the port to tour the terminal, see a Crane Simulation and hopefully…get on board a vessel!
Directions to Facility:
• From I-95 South: From Interstate 95 South, take Exit 109 for GA-21 S. Take a left onto GA-21 S/GA-30 E/Tom Triplett Parkway.
• Continue to follow GA-21 S/Tom Triplett Parkway for approximately 5 miles (8km). Turn left onto GA-307/Bourne Avenue. Drive approximately 1 mile (1.6km), until it ends at Highway 25.
• $35.00 CSCMP members
• $50.00 non-members / $25.00 Full-time student members.
Late Registration or Walk-up/Day-of-Event Cost:
• $50.00 (cash or check only) space permitting
Advanced pre-registration will end on November 23, 2018 (Tour limited to 40 guests)
• Nicole Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Port of Savannah, home to the largest single-terminal container facility in North America, is comprised of two modern, deepwater terminals: Garden City Terminal and Ocean Terminal.
Garden City Terminal is the fourth busiest container handling facilities in the United States, encompassing more than 1,200 acres and moving millions of tons of containerized cargo annually.
THIS TOUR WILL SELL OUT QUICKLY WITH ONLY 40 SPACES AVAILABLE- REGISTER QUICKLY BEFORE IT IS SOLD OUT!