Frequently Asked Questions
What are the SCPro™ certification eligibility requirements?
- SCPro™ Fundamentals: No requirements; a certificate is earned and does not expire.
- Level One: Four-year degree or higher from an accredited University or college OR four years of relevant supply chain management experience
- SCPro™ Bridge Exam: Four-year degree or higher from an accredited University or college OR four years of relevant supply chain management experience AND a previously earned credential or accelerated degree in supply chain management, logistics, or a related field.
- Level Two: Current SCPro™ Level One certification PLUS a four-year degree and three years of relevant supply chain experience OR seven years of relevant supply chain experience
- Level Three: Current SCPro™ Level Two certification PLUS a four-year degree and five years of relevant experience OR nine years of relevant supply chain experience
Are there waivers based on experience?
The levels of certification represent a progression of knowledge and experience. All candidates must fully meet the eligibility requirements to complete the exam for a given level of the SCPro™ program.
What is the study protocol?
The exams are not based on a single program of study. The method of preparation is generally driven by a candidate's preferred learning style, level of professional experience, and/or academic background. CSCMP makes available education and tools to help candidates prepare for the exams.
How much time should I expect to invest in the certification process?
The amount of time that candidates spend preparing for the exam is based on the depth and breadth of supply chain experience. The initial group of SCPro™ Level One candidates reported spending about two to four hours per week over a two- to three-month period. Candidates participating in the SCPro™ Level One process as part of a corporate sponsored program typically complete the program in about twelve to eighteen months.
How much does SCPro™ Certification Level One cost?
The fee for the first attempt at the exam is $650.00 for CSCMP members and $975.00 for nonmembers. (Retakes are $395 for each attempt.) The price of study materials varies.
If I don’t pass the SCPro™ Certification Level One exam, how long must I wait to retake it?
After a minimum wait of 30 days, candidates may retake the Level One exam. The exam may be attempted a maximum of three times in a given year.
If I don’t pass the SCPro™ Certification Bridge exam, how long must I wait to retake it?
At this time, there are no retakes of the Bridge Exam.
What are the requirements to maintain my certification?
Certificants must renew the SCPro™ credential by completing 25 hours of eligible professional development activities during the two-year renewal period. The certification renewal period begins on the last day of the month in which the certification was earned (i.e., a passing score was earned on the SCPro™ Level One certification exam) and every two years thereafter.
Visit our certification renewal page for more information .
Who can I contact if I have questions about the process?
Please contact CSCMP Customer Service at +1 630.574.0985 or [email protected].
How do I register for an exam?
Once you have paid for your exam, CSCMP staff will contact you with further registration information. All exams are done through Questionmark. Questionmark provides live video proctoring via web camera and can be taken from anywhere in the world and at anytime any time.
What if I need to reschedule my test appointment?
If you need to reschedule your test appointment, please go to the scheduling webpage you accessed originally and simply click reschedule to find a date that better fits your schedule.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my exam?
If you need to cancel or reschedule your exam, please email [email protected]. You will be responsible for a rescheduling fee of $30.
Please note: We require at least one-week advanced notice to schedule exams.