Website Privacy and Security Policy
At CSCMP, we respect your privacy. This is why protecting your information is of the utmost importance to us. As a result, we have prepared this privacy and security statement addressing how we collect information and how it is used.
Update as of 1/3/2020: CSCMP has implemented new updates to our database which might have altered the communication preferences previously set for some users who had opted out for Mailing, Phone, and Email communications. CSCMP kindly asks you to carefully review your profile settings here to ensure that your information is displayed as you originally intended.
Information We Collect:
- CSCMP collects only the data that will help us serve our members, and we store only what you knowingly provide to us.
- When you access our website, we will log your IP address in our web server logs. We also collect related information such as browser type, operating system, and web page visits to help manage our website.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
- Purchase, order, return, exchange or request certain information about our products and services from the CSCMP store
- Sign up for the CSCMP mailing list
- Sign up for the Supply Chain Quarterly mailing list
- Subscribe to the CSCMP monthly newsletter
- Subscribe to the CSCMP SmartBrief daily newsletter
- Subscribe to the Supply Chain Quarterly newsletter(s)
- Register for a CSCMP EDGE conference or workshop
- Contact member services
How We Use Personal Information
- We use personal information to assist in the design of our website to help our viewers meet their needs, or to carry out the transactions you have requested.
- We use the information collected to send communications to you, such as CSCMP professional education events, networking events, and new industry research or products.
- We use the information to customize, analyze, and improve our products, services (including our website), technologies, communications and relationship with you.
- CSCMP makes your member profile available to other CSCMP members via our online directory only if you elect to have your information displayed in the preferences section of your online profile.
- Under no circumstance, CSCMP would sell any of the personal information collected as previously described.
Shopping at the CSCMP Store
When you purchase products through the CSCMP store using a credit or debit card, we will collect your credit or debit card information and keep a history of your purchases. We use this information to process your orders, to ensure proper delivery, to better assist you when you visit or call us as well as to improve our product and service offerings.
- Your credit card information will be kept in a private personal file and is protected by VeriSign, a leading trusted provider of Internet infrastructure services for the networked world.
- When you return previously purchased merchandise or request a refund or exchange, you may be asked to give your name, address, phone number and show information that identifies you, such as your driver's license. We collect this information to help prevent fraud.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page
for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies
. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page
for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page
or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page
will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info
or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org
Online Behavioral Advertising and How You Can Opt-Out
We may work with third-party advertising companies who may utilize cookies and web beacons, and data collected on our services, to customize advertisements to you on our services, as well as on other websites or mobile applications in their networks beyond our services. Among other things, these customized advertisements may advertise our products and services and third party products and services on websites or mobile applications not affiliated with us. Some of these ads are online behavioral advertising – which serve advertisements that are more likely to be of interest to you using non-personal behavioral information. Such ads may contain cookies that allow monitoring of websites and mobile applications (including our own services) and your response to such advertisements. Cookies or web beacons placed by these companies do not collect personal information, and the third-party advertising companies do not have access to or use your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other personal information; they may however, anonymously track your usage across our services and other websites or mobile applications in their networks. We limit companies that place our ads from using information for any purpose other than to assist us in our advertising efforts.
For more information about these third-party advertising companies' privacy policies, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s website at http://www.networkadvertising.org
. If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising, you can opt-out of network advertising programs that use your information. To do so, please visit: the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page