SCPro™ Certification FAQs
Preparing for Certification
Q: I have many years of experience; can I start at SCPro™ Level Two?
Q: Is there an application process for SCPro™ Certification?
A: There is no application process for SCPro™ Fundamentals or Level One Certification. The SCPro™ Bridge Exam and Level Two Exam require prior approval.
A: No, all participants must begin at SCPro™ Level One.
Q: Do I have to be a member of CSCMP to complete SCPro™ Certification?
A: No, you do not have to be a member to complete an SCPro™ Certification. Members do however receive discounts on all CSCMP products including SCPro™ Certification materials and exams.
Q: Is there a cost to apply to the SCPro™ Certification?
A: If you are not a member of CSCMP there is an application fee that can be found here
. If you are a member of CSCMP, this fee is waived. If you are interested in becoming a member of CSCMP, please contact us at [email protected]
Preparing for your exam
Q: How long should I spend preparing for my exam?
A: The amount of time spent studying for an SCPro™ exam can vary based on experience and education. We recommend that you spend at least one week per learning block totaling eight weeks of preparation. We understand that most individuals taking the exam are full-time practitioners so this may also vary based on your current workload.
Q: How do I access my study materials?
A: After purchasing study materials, you will be contacted within the next two business days with access to your materials. If after two business days, you have not been contacted with your materials, reach out to us at [email protected]
Q: How long do I have access to my study materials?
A: Access to the SCPro™ Level One Study Materials never closes. Access to SCPro™ Level Two Materials expires after one year. Please note, if you have purchased your exam with your materials your exam must be taken within one year of your purchase.
Q: Is there an online course that I can take as part of my exam preparation?
A: Currently, we do not offer any courses for exam preparation. All SCPro™ Certification preparation is self-paced and self-guided with the study materials offered.
Sitting for the SCPro™ Certification Exam
Q: How do I take my exam?
A: All SCPro™ Certification exams are offered online with an online proctor through Proctorio. When you first purchased your exam, you should have received directions on how to access your exam with all your other certification information. If you did not receive this or cannot find the directions, contact us at [email protected]
Q: Do I have to go to a physical testing location for my exam?
A: No, exams are available online. If you are a current student and have access to a testing center and would rather take it there, we can accommodate you. Please just contact us at [email protected]
Q: How long is my certification exam?
Q: What score do I need to achieve to pass my SCPro™ Certification Exam?
- SCPro™ Fundamentals: 90-minute time limit with 40 multiple choice questions
- SCPro™ Level One: 4-hour time limit with 160 multiple choice questions
- SCPro™ Bridge: 90-minute time limit with 60 multiple choice questions
- SCPro™ Level Two: 4-hour time limit with a 500–1000-word essay response
Q: I bought my exam over a year ago can I still sit for my exam?
- SCPro™ Fundamentals: 70% or higher
- SCPro™ Level One: 65% or higher
- SCPro™ Bridge: 65% or higher
- SCPro™ Level Two: Reviewed by designated graders
A: Yes, you can take your exam but will first need to pay a rescheduling fee
. Per CSCMP policy, all SCPro™ Certification Exams must be taken within one year of purchase.
Q: Can I take my SCPro™ Certification exam without purchasing study materials?
A: Yes, this is allowed but we do not recommend doing this.
Q: Can I have any items with me during my certification exam?
A: Yes, SCPro™ Level One and SCPro™ Level Two test takers are allowed a writing utensil, blank piece of paper for notes and a handheld calculator. For the SCPro™ Level One Certification, a calculator and a formula sheet will also be available within the certification exam online. No items are allowed during the SCPro™ Fundamentals Exam.
Q: Can I see the formula sheet before my exam?
A: No, the formula sheet will only be available within the exam.
Q: Can I take a break during the exam?
A: Yes, you can take breaks during the exam, but the exam timer will not be paused.
Q: I passed my certification exam; when will I get my certificate?
A: CSCMP will be notified when your certification exam is completed. CSCMP will then review your proctoring video footage to ensure that all testing expectations were met. For this process, please allow 2-3 business days.
Q: Can I retake my certification exam if I did not pass on my first attempt?
A: Yes, you can retake your certification exam. For SCPro™ Level One and SCPro™ Level Two certifications. you must wait at least 30 days from your original exam date to sit for your retake. A retake fee
must also be paid before sitting for your certification exam. If a second retake is needed, the same process is followed. Only two retakes are allowed.
For SCPro™ Fundamentals, the process is as follows:
- First retake: There is a one-week waiting period from original test date and a first retake fee of $25 must be paid for in-person retakes; remote first retakes are $35.
- Second retake: There is a two-week waiting period from your first retake and a second retake fee of $50 must be paid for in-person second retakes; remote second retakes are $60.
If the second retake is not successful, students will need to take the SCPro™ Fundamentals course again.
Maintaining Your Certification
Q: How often do I need to renew my certification?
Q: How do I renew my certification?
- SCPro™ Fundamentals: does not need to be renewed
- SCPro™ Level One: every two years from your certification date
- SCPro™ Bridge: every two years from your certification date
- SCPro™ Level Two: every two years from your certification date
A: 25 CEUs every two years as well as a completed renewal fee
is required to renew your certification. CEUs can be submitted here
. For more information visit our renewal requirements
Q: What counts as a CEU?
A: A CEU is one hour of education or professional development related to supply chain or logistics. Some activities include but are not limited to:
- Attendance at conferences like CSCMP's Annual Global Conference, EDGE
- CSCMP Roundtable events (must be an educational event) or similar supply chain and logistics events
- Completing an undergraduate or graduate course in supply chain, logistics or a related field (5 CEUs per course, limit two courses per year)
- Teaching an undergraduate or graduate course in supply chain, logistics or a related field (5 CEUs per course, limit two courses per year)
- Successful achievement of a similar certification or credential (5 CEUs per certification or credential)
- CSCMP membership (5 CEUs annually)
- Any course or event offered by our CEU partners
Please note, a CEU activity does not need to be delivered by CSCMP to count towards your renewal. You also do not need to be a current member of CSCMP to renew your certification.
If you still have any questions, reach out to us at [email protected]