CSCMP’s 2020-2021 Mentorship Program will kick off in spring 2020. If you are interested in participating, please fill out this form. For more information and further inquiries, contact Rocio Cadena at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note you must be a CSCMP member prior to submitting your details. You will be automatically disqualified if you send in your information but are not an active member.
About the Program
Developed by CSCMP's Young Professionals Committee, CSCMP's Mentorship Program helps to evolve and bridge future supply chain leaders from one generation to the next.
What is a mentoring partnership?
A mentoring partnership exists between two people with the goal of both personal and professional development. A mentor is an experienced individual who shares knowledge, experience, and advice with his or her less experienced mentee. Mentors strive to support and encourage their mentees by offering suggestions and knowledge, both general and specific, as needed. Mentors become trusted advisers and role models who have been there and done that. The goal of this partnership is to help mentees improve their skills and position themselves to advance their careers. This partnership should be based on mutual trust and respect, and it typically offers personal and professional advantages for both parties. A mentoring partnership can be tailored to your needs so be sure to make your thoughts known to your match.
What are the benefits of participating in the mentorship program?
- Mentoring partnerships can be mutually beneficial and rewarding – on both professional and personal levels.
- Mentors can develop leadership skills and gain a sense of satisfaction from knowing that they've helped their mentees.
- Mentees can expand their knowledge and skills, gain valuable advice from more experienced people, and build their professional networks.
- Each participant can improve his or her communication skills, realize new perspectives, and potentially advance his or her career.
- CSCMP membership is required upon application.
- All career levels, ages, and member types are welcome to apply for a mentor or mentee.