Southern California Roundtable Presents:
Learning Tour of Toyota North American Parts Center—California
Thursday, June 13, 2019
Learn How Toyota…
Adapted Toyota Production System to Distribution Center Operations, including Toyota’s Floor Management Development System engaging warehouse associates in continuous improvement in the following:
• Efficient use of space: Over 16 years of 126% parts sales growth saved CapEx by increasing regional PDCs’ warehouse storage space efficiency 800%—Only 14% added to PDC footprint.
• Applied Standardized Work with Small Batch Processing and Kaizen to increase productivity to 50% above industry competitors.
Leads the industry in deploying end-to-end JIT Logistics throughout its $5.5 Billion North American Service Parts and Accessories Supply Chain from suppliers to N.A. Parts Centers to 18 N.A. Distributor Regional Parts Distribution Centers to Toyota/Lexus Dealers (1,500 in U.S.) creating tremendous competitive advantage:
• Daily stock order replenishment delivered within 13 hours of dealer order cutoff time.
• Led industry in transitioning from monthly-weekly-daily orders from suppliers with daily delivery enabling more than double the inventory turns of industry competitors with industry’s best fill rate performance.
• U.S. PDCs daily deliver industry’s best fill rate to 1,500 U.S. Toyota and Lexus dealers in less than 13 hours (average) from order to receipt, with half the days’ supply of inventory of competitors.
Home Position Warehouse layout uses synchronized heijunka scheduling and daily workload plan and resource allocation to Home Positions, Dock Operations and other functions for maximum efficiency...and More!
Toyota North American Parts Center-California
1425 Toyota Way, Ontario, CA 91761
Costs to Participate:
Early Bird Registration through 5/31:
• Non-Member rate $75.00
• Member rate $56.25
• YP rate $37.50
• Student $18.75
Regular Registration rates from 6/1 – 6/13
• Non-Member rate $80.00
• Member rate $60.00
• YP rate $40.00
• Student $20.00